Definition and Usage Of Meta Tag
The <meta> tag defines metadata about a web page. Metadata is information about data.
<meta> tags are always used inside the <head> tag of a web page and are typically used to specify a character set, page description, keywords, author of the document, and viewport settings.
Metadata will not be displayed on the web page, but it is used by browsers, search engines, and other web services.
About Meta Tag Generator
Meta Tag Generator is a free tool that will help you to debug and generate meta tag codes for any website. With Meta Tags, you can edit and experiment with the website content and then preview how a page will look on search engines or social media like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and more! Meta tags are HTML tag content that provides metadata about your website. Meta tags are used by search engines to help index and provide relevant content in their search results.
HOW TO USE THE FREE META TAG GENERATOR TOOL?
Now let us have a look at how you can use our free Meta Tags generator tool. Follow the steps to create Meta Tags:
- Enter your website title name.
- Briefly describe your website in some words.
- Enter the website’s required keywords. Each keyword should be separated by a comma.
- Select if allow robots to index your website.
- Select if allow robots to follow all links.
- Select what type of content will be displayed on your site.
- Choose your site’s primary language.
- Also, you can add how many days after the search engines should revisit. You can enter the Author’s name as well. But these are optional you may leave if you want.
- Click on the “Generate Meta Tags”.
- Finally, the meta tags are generated and you can use.
Meta tags are a great way for website owners to provide search engines with information about their sites. Meta tags can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients, and each system processes only the meta tags they understand and ignores the rest. Meta tags are added to the
section of your HTML page and generally look like this:
<meta name=”Description” content=”Get free meta tag generator tool. Best meta tag generator tool.”>
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”+nxGUDJ4QpAZ5l9Bsjfkldi102tLVC21AIh5d1Nl23908vVuFHs35=”/>
<title>FREE META TAG GENERATOR TOOL</title>
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex,nofollow”>
Example of few meta tags that Google understands.
[I]<meta name=”description” content=”A description of the page” />
Use this tag to provide a short description of the web page. In some cases, this description is used in the snippet shown in search results.
[II]<meta name=”robots” content=”…, …” />
These meta tags control the behavior of search engine crawling and indexing. The <meta name=”robots”> tag applies to all search engines, while the <meta name=”googlebot”> tag is specific to Google.
[III]<meta name=”viewport” content=”…”>
This tag tells the browser how to render a page on a mobile device. The presence of this tag indicates to Google that the page is mobile-friendly.