World Coconut Day is celebrated on September 2 every year. The day is celebrated to create awareness about the benefits of coconut.
History of World Coconut Day
The first-ever celebration of world coconut day was in the year 2009. It’s an annual event to celebrate the day with great enthusiasm by the APCC or the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community.
The serving headquarters of the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community is now at Jakarta in Indonesia. The theme for last year was titled “Coconut for wellness”. The celebrations were held at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology in Odisha, India. A huge number of farmers, coconut growers, industrial concerns of coconut productions, and entrepreneurs attended the event.
World Coconut Day Theme 2019
The theme of 2019 World Coconut Day is ‘Coconut for Wellness’. The theme aimed to promote, coordinate, and bring together coconut developmental activities of the Asian Pacific region.
Health and nutrition benefits of coconut
Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm. It’s mostly used for its water, milk, oil, and make meat tasty.
- Coconuts are especially high in manganese, which is essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and cholesterol. They’re also rich in copper and iron, which help form red blood cells, as well as selenium, an important antioxidant that protects our cells.
- Studies have found that eating coconut may improve cholesterol levels and help decrease belly fat. People who frequently eat coconut meat have lower rates of heart disease.
- Coconut meat contains phenolic compounds, which are antioxidants that may help protect cells from oxidative damage
You May Read:☟
☞ National Wildlife Day 2020: Importance,How to Celebrate & Quotes
☞ Teachers’ Day in India 2020: Importance, Dates, Wishes and Quotes
☞ International Day of Charity 2020: History, Dates and Quotes
World Coconut Day Dates
World Coconut Day Wishes Quotes
- May all the healthiness comes with this coconut day to you and your family!
- Let’s spread some love and happiness on this precious day of world coconut day.
- Coconut milk is the only thing on this planet that comes identically to mother’s milk.
- Let’s pray for a better future year to the God of sea and celebrate the World Coconut Day.
- Be like coconut, soft internally and externally be strong. – Happy World Coconut Day
- Let’s spread kindness and love all around to keep a healthy environment around us. – Happy World Coconut Day!
- Coconut is one of those love-hate ingredients. – Happy World Coconut Day!
- Have a coconut and be healthy, it’s a world coconut day today!
The Ultimate Guide to ChatGPT: What It Is and How Can You Use It
Best Diwali Images Download  : Best Diwali Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
Mandela Day Or Nelson Mandela International Day: History, Significance, and About Nelson Mandela