[responsivevoice_button rate=”1″ pitch=”1.2″ volume=”0.8″ voice=”US English Female” buttontext=”Story in Audio”]
How to download content on Quibi and watch offline
- You can download content on Quibi for viewing offline, which is convenient if you are somewhere without access to the internet.
- To download a video, tap the three dots in the corner of the video preview and choose to download it.
- You can find saved videos in the Downloads folder at the bottom right of Quibi’s home screen.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Quibi — a new streaming video subscription service — offers a lot of short-form content intended to be watched on your phone while on the go.
However, it’s also possible to stream Quibi to your TV using Chromecast and AirPlay. If you know you’re going to be somewhere that you don’t have access to the internet, you can download Quibi videos for offline viewing.
When it comes to downloading on Quibi, there are a couple of caveats. First, not all videos are available for download. If you tap the three dots and don’t see a download option, that content can’t be downloaded.
Second, not all videos will remain permanently on your phone after downloading. Some videos will expire and disappear from the Downloads folder, so don’t wait too long to watch anything you’ve downloaded.
If you’re on an ad-supported Quibi subscription, you may need to watch a short ad before the download begins. Otherwise, the video will download right away.
When you’re ready to download on Quibi, here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
How to download episodes on Quibi
1. In the Quibi app, find a video you want to watch (but don’t tap it to start playing).
2. Tap the three dots in the corner of the video.
3. When a pop-up menu appears, tap “Download Episode.”
4. Close any video that is playing and go to Quibi’s home screen.
5. Tap “Downloads” in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to see a list of now downloaded videos.
6. Tap the title you want to watch.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.