[responsivevoice_button rate=”1″ pitch=”1.2″ volume=”0.8″ voice=”US English Female” buttontext=”Story in Audio”]
WWDC predictions / Limiting Section 230 Immunity to Good Samaritans Act
Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn run through the most interesting rumors and predictions of announcements at Apple’s WWDC next week. Adi Robertson joins to discuss the latest threat to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.
Stories discussed in this episode:
- Cheap steroid reportedly improves survival for severe COVID-19 cases
- FDA ends emergency authorization for hydroxychloroquine
- Why there’s so much confusion around asymptomatic COVID-19 cases
- The gadgets Late Night with Seth Meyers uses to keep the show running from home
- Google commits $175 million to racial equity with focus on black-owned businesses
- Instagram’s CEO says the platform is examining how its policies affect black users
- Apple faces another EU antitrust complaint as App Store pressure grows
- Apple says the App Store created $519 billion in commerce last year
- Justice Department asks Congress for a sharp cut to websites’ legal protections
- Senate Republicans want to make it easier to sue tech companies for bias
- Facebook removes Trump ads for using Nazi imagery
- Google Ads bans Zero Hedge for racist content, but reverses
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Future Technologies: Ideas About To Change Our World!
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Advancements: Unleashing the Potential
How to take good care of your laptop?